BREAKING BAD, created by Vince Gilligan, introduced us to many great characters.
- Antihero Walter White (Brian Cranston), the cancer-diagnosed high school teacher who turns to making meth.
- Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), his young sidekick, who was originally intended to die early on but proved a favourite.
- Hank Schrader (Dean Norris), Walt’s brother-in-law and DEA agent.
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk), the sleazy lawyer who now has his own spin-off show BETTER CALL SAUL.
And then there’s one of TV‘s greatest antagonists: Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito).
The owner and operator of a chicken fast food shop complete with goofy logo, his professional front is a mask for a vast drug-dealing empire.
Gradually, the show delves into his backstory and the violence he’s capable of inflicting on those who cross him.
But it’s clear from the moment he appears: Walt has met his match.
Check out the video below:
- What did you think of this article? Share it, Like it, give it a rating, and let us know your thoughts in the comments box further down…
- Struggling with a script? Story analysis is what we do, all day, every day…check out or range of services for writers & filmmakers here.
Get ALL our FREE Resources
Tackle the trickiest areas of screenwriting with our exclusive eBooks. Get all our FREE resources when you join 60,000 filmmakers on our mailing list!