Hollywood's Finest Script Coverage
With the hard data to prove it...
Our 12 Script Coverage Services
All our services come with the following as standard:
- Choose Your Own Reader
- 30-Point Grids & Numerical Scoring
- Definitive P/LC/C/R Verdict*
- “Next Steps” Precise Final Recommendations
- Specific Feedback Request Option
- Fast Turnaround Times (options available)
- Multi-Reader / Multi-Perspective Options
- Talent Connector Free Promotion Add-On*
- Guaranteed Report Word Counts
- Contextual Industry Scoring
PRIMARY Services >
1-to-1 Script Editing
Film Dry-Run Report
TV Scripts, Bibles, Shorts & Treatments >
TV Script Report (60mins)
TV Script Report (30mins)
Other World-Class Services >
* Please note our Script Doctor’s Quote is not a substitute or even particularly similar to full script coverage or notes. It is merely the first, essential step on our script doctoring service. Please do not book it expecting in-depth notes or consultancy because this is not what the service was designed for. Thank you!
Script Doctor's Quote *
- The 1st step in our script doctoring process.
- We read your script and deliver brief bullet-points on how we’d approach the rewrite.
- Service is not a script notes or coverage alternative – please do not book expecting it to be. View sample quote below.
- View a full breakdown of how to work with script doctors.
- For TV and film scripts.
- View a sample quote.
- Verified 95% positive rating.
Proofing & Polishing
- Corrects spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax issues.
- Cleans up extraneous scene description.
- If English is not the writer’s first language, it will appear to be after this service.
- Delivers a super smooth, industry-standard read.
- Only affects the surface layers of the screenplay – doesn’t affect plot, character, theme or underlying elements.
- For film & TV scripts under 120pg
- We can only proof and polish scripts submitted in Final Draft format. All proofed scripts will be returned in Final Draft (.fdx) format with revisions tracked.
- Verified 95% positive rating.
Our 12 Premium Services: At a Glance...
Click each service to view report samples, or click the price buttons to book.
|Script Service Type||Format||Pgs||GWC||Pick SC||TC||Grid||$|
|Film Forensic Notes||Film||120||6,000||14||$395|
|1-to-1 Script Editing||Film/TV||120||7hr call||14||$395|
|Script Doctoring Step #1||Film/TV||120||250||14||$95|
|Film Dry-Run Report||Film||120||1000||14||$165|
|Film Coverage Report||Film||120||3,000||14||$180|
|Which Logline? Report||Film/TV||1||250||14||$50|
|Proofing & Polishing||Film/TV||120||n/a||14||$400|
|Act 1 Report||Film||35||1,750||14||$95|
|Short Film Report||Short Film||20||1,500||14||$95|
|Treatment / Bible Report||Film/TV||20||2,000||14||$110|
|TV Comedy Report (30m)*||TV||30||2,000||14||$130|
|TV Drama Report (60m)*||TV||60||2,500||14||$165|
* Submit a 10 pg series bible in addition to your episodic for $60 at checkout (report length increases accordingly). Our standard turnaround time is within 14 days, but typically we’ll get it back faster. “Pgs” means – the page limit of your script. “Pick SC” means – you can choose your script consultant. “GWC” stands for Guaranteed Word Count or the minimum length of your report. “TC” stands for Talent Connector, and whether scripts submitted using that service are eligible for it or not.
Why, today, is script coverage so vital then?
To answer, let's try a little equation...
There are more and more screenplays being written every year.
But the number of bona fide agents, managers, executives and producers hasn't risen at the same pace.
There aren't more (industry) eyes to read these extra scripts.
...managers and executives and producers have to be more ruthless with their time.
They have to read fewer pages of a script before either discarding it or reading on, they have to read more scripts generally (because there are more out there, and their whole career hinges on finding great scripts), and most importantly they can't read the same writer twice, if he/she didn't impress the first time.
Let's see that in image form again.
We could sugar coat it, but that’s the rub.
That’s literally the blunt truth of it, direct from the horse-slash-lit manager’s mouth.
If you can hook or leverage a major agent or manager into reading in the first place (not easy), they’ll give your script 5-10 pages. If it hasn’t grabbed them by then, it’s don’t-call-us-we’ll-call-you time.
The stakes are higher for new writers than they were before, and whilst the range of ways to get discovered have widened, the number of bites at the cherry writers can have with key taste-makers has shortened.
You can't hit 'n' hope in something this competitive...
That’s the bad news.
The good news is that Hollywood is more hungry for great scripts, writers and ideas than ever.
It really is. Amazon, Netflix and their ilk have fundamentally changed the game. Leviathan hit shows like Game of Thrones, Stranger Things and all the others don’t write themselves. It sounds churlish but it’s easy to forget that someone’s got to do it…these shows aren’t written by demi-Gods or Kryptonians.
Lest we ever forget: someone just sits down in a room and makes these stories up.
It’s that simple…and that difficult…but it is do-able.
Deep, actionable script coverage can help you turn that “Pass“ project into a “Recommend“, can help you filter your great, life-changing ideas from the dead end-ers and save you from blowing a big chance with an agent or manager.
And if that $300-odd dollars you spent with us ends up ultimately unlocking a development deal…well…you might just look back on that money as the best you ever spent.
...or, put another way...
REMEMBER - there are 3 stages to perfect script development...
1) Get feedback from friends and family first, but take it with a large pinch of salt (they love you, and aren't trained in this, at the end of the day!)
2) BEFORE showing your script to anyone in the industry or entering any contests book pro script coverage.
3) If you score a Low Consider, Consider or Recommend contemplate entering script contests, and see how you fair.
You don't need pro script coverage to improve as a writer per se, but you do need it to know whether you're ready for the big leagues, and to prevent premature career self-sabotage!
Advantages vs Disadvantages
The plain truth of it is that the script coverage world doesn’t have a great rep.
Even if you don’t book with us, tread very carefully out there. There’s plenty of people with dubious (aka non existent) credentials lurking on the absolute outskirts (at best) of the industry who’ll be happy to help you part with your cash….
- In business since 2010.
- Founded by a Warner Bros, Paramount, Universal and Scott Free script consultant.
- 1,000+ client testimonials verified as genuine by Google-approved reviews platforms like Reviews.io
- Fair and appropriate prices for the quality of work.
- Concrete, guaranteed minimum word counts on reports.
- Precise, forensic, no BS, non sugar-coated coverage with specific page references.
- Hard-core, professional, low-churn crew containing the best script readers around.
- On former MGM executive Stephanie Palmer’s list of The 6 Best Script Coverage Companies.
- A new one slithers out weekly!
- Started by someone who never progressed in script development.
- Carefully hacked and/or invented testimonials from anonymous “clients”.
- Either bargain-bin, free-intern-level prices ($65!) or inflated “guru” ($500+) fees.
- Vague, double-spaced page count promises.
- Vague, evasive notes containing lazy, identikit, auto-pilot comments and false praise to keep you enthused.
- Unpaid interns & college grads with little industry experience.
- No satisfaction guarantee, tread carefully!
- On nobody’s list but their own!
Our Script Coverage Guarantees the following...
If you’ll forgive the Breaking Bad analogy, over almost 10 years we think we’ve cooked the best recipe for a crack script report. Without giving it all away, here are just some of the elements that are guaranteed as standard…
Inexperienced writers book bargain-bin coverage and "gurus"...
...serious writers book INDUSTRIAL SCRIPTS.
Why do clients book IS?
We surveyed over 1,200 clients and a massive 45% of these bookings came from happy returning clients. Check out the graphic below...
In a nutshell then, here's what you get...
We've been saving writers and filmmakers from premature script submission since 2010...
Hitting and hoping…spraying and praying…these aren’t tactics that will get you far in the ruthless world of script development.
Book a script coverage report from us today, and we’ll give it to you straight. Promise.
About Industrial Scripts®
Founded in 2010, Industrial Scripts is today one of the world’s leading screenwriting companies, backed by major companies and with over 1,000 verified testimonials.
Our script consultants have significant industry credentials, writing coverage for companies and studios including Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Universal and many more. Working with screenwriters and filmmakers of all levels and from myriad locations, we also deliver intensive training both online and offline.
While our free Talent Connector promotes talent to the industry, our popular blog – Character-Driven – educates and entertains. We believe that rigorous script development is the foundation of great film and TV and is, indeed, essential.
Without it, the end product will fail.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
You are fully protected by our 100% Satisfaction-Guarantee. If we don't deliver what we promise above, just let us know and we'll make it right.
Six questions we're always asked...
The thing about script development is this – it’s endlessly subjective. Endlessly. Our script consultants are writers too, so they know how it feels to receive criticism of your work (however constructive). Hollywood screenwriter Stuart Hazeldine once said “a script note is only as good as you think it is”, and we’re with him 100%. Cherry pick the notes that work for you, and ignore the few that don’t (but always remember your goal is for your script to be bought and made – if our pro, 24/7 reader has this or that opinion about it, all logic dictates another industry reader will have the same response). Not agreeing is part of script coverage, so we can’t promise to concur with you on everything but if you feel we delivered a genuinely shoddy report, which didn’t support its points with legit examples from the text, and just wasn’t an impressive piece of coverage generally, we have a robust complaints system and will do everything we can to make it right.
As you might imagine we screen our readers very carefully indeed. On each individual job, the reader is the temporary custodian of the IS name, and the job is a project-to-project proposition. All our readers complete an extensive (sometimes months long) trial period, where he assess every aspect of their performance. Statistically only 1 out of every 200 people who apply to the company are invited to work for us. You can view hundreds of verified reviews about our coverage services here. We don’t reveal reader identities for a range of reasons, chief of which is that many are internal industry readers and wish to remain anonymous. For clarity and the avoidance of doubt you are hiring IS the company to assess your script.
We have 2 turnaround tiers:
1. Standard (14 days max)
2. Rush (7 days max)
Additional fees for Rush are displayed at checkout.
The reason we don’t deliver reports within 72 hours as standard is a) we use in-demand, pro script consultants not interns kicking their heels b) a good script report is a process: it takes time to think deeply about the material, mull it over, even sleep on it.
A great script report can’t just be “knocked out”. It takes time, care and thought.