- ULTIMATE Screenwriting is our flagship online course. Purchase delivers lifetime access.
- Our courses have a 96%+ client satisfaction rate over hundreds of verified customer reviews.
- Our Online Screenwriting Course fuses theory and practical exercises.
- Comprised of 6 core modules and 25 lessons, delivers huge value-for-money, takes 100+ hours to complete.
- Lessons include: The Stages of Screenwriting; Testing Ideas; Conflict; The Hero’s Journey; Developing Theme; Character Development and more.
- Learn at your own pace and in your own time, from home.
- Write-as-you-learn: you’ll complete a full film screenplay as part of the course.
Full course breakdown below:
About our ULTIMATE Screenwriting Online Course
An online screenwriting course doesn’t come much more detailed than Industrial Scripts’ ULTIMATE Screenwriting.
It’s our flagship digital course, and aims to systematically build your screenwriting knowledge and skill set, and deliver the ideal structure and framework within which to write a script.
ULTIMATE Screenwriting delivers the information and exercises to enrich your screenplays – whether you’re a complete beginner or an intermediate film screenwriter looking to raise your projects up to a market-ready level.
The course is split into 6 modules, spread over 25 lessons.
It is designed to put an early emphasis on selecting strong concepts for your screenplay, before looking at major structural and character topics, and then drilling down to on-the-page script execution.
ULTIMATE SCREENWRITING COURSE MODULES
A) INTRODUCTION TO SCREENWRITING
1. Basics of Screenwriting – definitions, elements, unique challenges
2. What is Story?
3. Screenplay Format
B) GENERATING & ARRANGING IDEAS
4. Stages of Screenwriting – Loglines, Synopsis, Treatment, Script
5. Generating Ideas / Judging Ideas / Testing Ideas
6. Genre – UK genres & overview – writing through a filter
7. Plot Types
Helpful diagrams help you understand stages
in the screenwriting process…
C) BUILDING YOUR NARRATIVE
13. Character Functions
14. Character Development
15. Characterisation through Action, Dialogue & Description
Continual exercises help you test
and develop your knowledge…
E) WRITING YOUR SCRIPT
16. Pulling Your Ingredients Together into a Plan
17. Tools of Screenwriting – Dram Tension, Mystery, Dram Irony
18. Dialogue – purposes, subtext, exercises, hiding exposition,
19. Description – do’s and don’ts
20. Pace & writing visually
21. Market – who is the market?
22. Agents, Meetings & Pitching
23. Marketing Self, Networking, Building a Career
25. Case Studies of Screenwriters Breaking Through
We can take you from ‘idea to script’ if you follow the lessons closely, complete the exercises, and develop your screenplay alongside your learning.
You can choose to study the entire course before working on a project, or you can incrementally use the lessons to help write your screenplay – whichever works best for you!
Focusing on both the writing process, and the industry writers find work in, our screenwriting course aims to heavily de-mystify the process by which people become professional screenwriters, and help new writers navigate the sometimes precarious early years of the screenwriter.
Participants will complete the course with:
- an improved ability to identify a good concept or idea;
- a thorough understanding of what producers are looking for;
- an appreciation of the importance of genre;
- knowledge of the fees paid to screenwriters and typical industry screenwriting contracts;
- as well as a host of other information relating to the world of a screenwriter.
***4 Cast-Iron Reasons to train with us…***
- Our courses have received a 98% positive rating – we like to think these customer reviews say it all.
- Many online screenwriting courses are designed by people with limited industry credentials, often on the periphery of the business. Ours, are not.
- This is one of the very few online screenwriting courses devised by a current, industry-trusted script editor presently analysing scripts for the top companies.
- Finally – it’s a harsh truth for many graduates but the industry pays little attention to BA and MA degree courses in screenwriting. You can spend 3 years of your life and thousands of pounds on something that will not carry any weight with anyone. It is far smarter and kinder on your wallet to take an online screenwriting course, absorb screenwriting theory, read tons of scripts, and WRITE very, very hard. The quality of your writing IS your CV…