INDUSTRIAL SCRIPTS: TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before purchase or using this site.
This is a legal document which constitutes a binding agreement between you and Industrial Scripts (incorporating Industrial Scripts Screenwriting Agency Ltd, Industrial Scripts Ltd.), and any other affiliated company name that appears anywhere on the URL https://industrialscripts.com including but not limited to “Writing & Dreams” and “6-Figure Blogger” which is under the auspices of Industrial Scripts Ltd, a Company registered in England & Wales under Company Number 07298619, and whose registered office addressed is below.
Any references to our website means https://industrialscripts.com, https://coverage.industrialscripts.com, https://courses.industrialscripts.com, https://contests.industrialscripts.com, https://industrialscripts.freshdesk.com/support/home and any other affiliated URL.
These Terms & Your Contract: Only these Terms and Conditions will be considered as relevant notice of any offer in relation to You, Your Purchase and any subsequent contract with us.
If You do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should refrain immediately from using Our Services or Website.
Table of Contents
- INDUSTRIAL SCRIPTS: TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Your Legal Status:
- Intellectual Property Rights, Copyright Infringement & ‘Fair Use’:
- Formation of the Contract Between Us:
- Our Products and Services:
- Data Compliance and Your Privacy:
- Use of Our Website Communication Facilities:
- User Accounts & Payment Methods:
- Terms relating to Talent Contests:
- Terms relating to Script Coverage, Screenwriting, Script doctoring and creative writing services:
- Terms relating to Offline Courses & Live Training:
- Terms Relating to Overdrive:
- Terms Relating to Digital Products:
- Limitations of Liability:
- Force Majeure:
- Changes to Terms and Conditions:
- 3rd Party Content, Advertisements and Promotions:
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction:
- Waiver & Severability:
- ICO Protection Policy:
- Complaints Policy & Procedure:
- Scope and Method of Support:
- Our Contact Details:
- Entire Agreement:
Your Legal Status:
- By placing an order or using our website, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- You are at least 18 years old. No persons under the age of should use this Website unless Purchases are authorised by a Parent or Legal Guardian. By continued use, you hereby warrant that this condition has been fulfilled.
- You are resident in one of our Serviced Countries (currently All Countries, globally); and
- You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- In these Terms and Conditions, as hereinafter defined, the following words and expressions shall have the meanings hereby assigned to them, except where the context otherwise requires.
- “Buyer” means the person or corporate body who accepts the quotation of Industrial Scripts for the sale of the Products or whose order for the Products is accepted by Industrial Scripts.
- “Consumer” shall have the meaning ascribed in section of the UK Unfair Contract Terms Act .
- “Product” or “Service” means the article or articles (including any instalment of the article if applicable) that the Buyer agrees to buy from Industrial Scripts and which Industrial Scripts agrees to supply in accordance with these conditions.
- “Contract” means the order form duly completed by the Buyer and the Terms and Conditions of Contract set out in this document for the purchase and sale of the Product.
- “Website” means , owned and operated by Industrial Scripts.
- “Us, We, Ours,” means Industrial Scripts.
- “You, Yours, Purchaser, User, Customer, Consumer” means You, the User of this site and Our Services.
- “Creative Materials” means any document submitted by the Buyer to Industrial Scripts including, but not limited to: loglines, synopses, treatments, stories, books, screenplays, teleplays, stage plays, beat sheets, pitch documents, bibles, character outlines, script reports and story overviews.
- “Report” means any creative, analytical or review services provided by Industrial Scripts to the Buyer, for educational and consultation purposes only.
- “Training Course” means an in-house or online educational course, seminar or event.
- “Digital Product” means online training/learning content and products typically hosted in private buyer-only areas of industrialscripts.com. It also refers to products that are delivered digitally but do not constitute a service, per se, and includes our membership product, OVERDRIVE and the paid submission of Creative Materials to talent competitions we produce.
Intellectual Property Rights, Copyright Infringement & ‘Fair Use’:
- The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Industrial Scripts, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United Kingdom and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- These Terms of Service permit you to use the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any Services or materials available through the Website. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Website except as permitted by this Terms of Service.
- The Industrial Scripts name, logo, trademarks and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Shore Scripts or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Industrial Scripts. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- As Industrial Scripts asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by www.industrialscripts.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify us in accordance with common DMCA policies. Industrial Scripts will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Industrial Scripts or others, we may, in our discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, Industrial Scripts will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Industrial Scripts.
- All still images, poster images, trailers, movie clips and other visual (or “non text”) references to motion pictures and television shows are the copyright of their respective owners. Depending on the individual Industrial Scripts webpage in question, these visual materials are intended for teaching /educational/comment/reporting purposes only. In most cases this visual material appears on the Industrial Scripts blog, a FREE learning resource financed by Industrial Scripts for the benefit of screenwriters, globally. These visual materials fall under the U.S. Code 17/Sec. 107 – Limitations on exclusive rights: ‘Fair Use’. Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
- If you believe your copyright has been infringed and wish to have the materials in question removed from Our site please raise a support ticket via our Contact page.
- The headings and marginal notes in these Conditions of Contract are for convenience and shall not be taken into consideration in the interpretation or construction thereof or of the Contract.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall erode the Buyer’s statutory rights as a Consumer.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all Contracts and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Buyer.
- Acceptance of delivery of the Product(s) shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any variation to these Terms and Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Seller.
Formation of the Contract Between Us:
- The use of this website and the information available thereon is subject to the Consumer Contract Regulations (including the Distance Selling Regulations) and to these Terms & Conditions. Any previous information available on the Website and/or any other documents such as but not limited to – brochures, catalogues or leaflets published by Industrial Scripts or by the Products’ developers/manufacturers and/or suppliers are provided for information purposes only and are as such exempt from this contract.
- By using this Website the Buyer acknowledges consent to these Terms and Conditions of Contract without exceptions. These Terms constitute the complete and entire agreement between the Buyer and Industrial Scripts and cannot be changed or modified except by a written confirmation signed by Industrial Scripts. No prior verbal inferences or any other representations shall exist.
- The Buyer shall make an offer to purchase the Product from Industrial Scripts by filling the order form on the Website. This offer to purchase does not constitute an agreement by Industrial Scripts to supply the Product at the price shown. The Contract shall only be formed at the point when We accept the offer to purchase its services and has received payment from the Buyer in full for the services being supplied. Industrial Scripts reserves the right to notify the prospective Buyer within (forty eight) hours if their offer to purchase is not accepted.
- You may terminate these Terms at any time and for any reason by discontinuing your use of the Website and Services. You acknowledge and agree that even if you discontinue your access to the Website, we may continue to display any content that you have provided on the Website.
Our Products and Services:
- The Products and Services are those displayed in any area of the Industrial Scripts website. Any photographs or illustrations are for illustrative and design purposes only and are incapable of being considered contractual. Notwithstanding the care Industrial Scripts takes to ensure an accurate presentation of the information supplied by the manufacturers or developers, this Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Industrial Scripts shall not be liable for any such inaccuracies or errors.
- Whilst we endeavour to keep our website up to date and accurate, the User hereby agrees that the information is provided on an “as is” basis, and that Industrial Scripts has no obligation to update this Website or the content therein and Industrial Scripts shall not be liable for any failure to update such information.
- Any and all trademarks, logos, business names and any registered trademarks displayed on this Website, are hereby acknowledged as being the property of their respective owners.
- To avoid the possibility of infringement of intellectual property rights, no part of the contents of this Website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any other means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise without either the specific prior written permission of Industrial Scripts or a licence permitting restricted copying.
- Industrial Scripts reserves the right to withdraw any Products from the Website at any time. We shall not be liable for withdrawing any Products from the Website or for declining to process an order.
Data Compliance and Your Privacy:
- We will comply with all applicable UK data protection legislation in place in respect of any personal information relating to You gathered by Us.
- You acknowledge we reserve the right to monitor the site and store, edit or delete the data you transmit and trends in your activity. In the event of any ‘testimonials’ or comments, we reserve the right to amend, edit or anonymise or use any submissions. Any use shall be on a royalty and fee free basis.
Use of Our Website Communication Facilities:
- When using the enquiry, order form or any other submission System on the Website you should do so in accordance with the following rules;
- You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, homophobic, sexist or racist;
- You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as we may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws;
- You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of Industrial Scripts or our affiliates or any other person; and You must not use our System for unauthorised mass communications such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
- You acknowledge that for quality & security purposes, We reserve the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System, and You acknowledge that We may retain copies of any and all communications made to us or using our System, for the relevant period required by UK Law. We reserve the right to reveal or give up Your information where required to do so by a relevant regulatory body for the purposes of detecting crime or fraud, terrorist or other criminal activities, or where we are ordered to by a valid Court Order.
- You may use our Website and Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms of Service. You agree not to use the Website:
- To infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation;
- To use, transfer, distribute or dispose of any Content and Information contained in the Service in any manner that could compete with the business.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material that does not comply with these Terms of Service.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Industrial Scripts, a Industrial Scripts employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or account names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm Industrial Scripts or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
- Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms of Service, without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website, including any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
User Accounts & Payment Methods:
- In order to procure Goods and Services on this Website and to use the Login facilities you are required to create an account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information, which may vary, based upon your use of the Website as we may not require payment information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Website you represent and warrant that:
- All information you submit is accurate and truthful; You have authority or permission to submit Payment Information where such permission may be required; and You will keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your creation of an account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
- It is recommended that you keep any Account details secret, particularly your username and password. We accept no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared or revealed to another person. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your account details in your internet browser.
- If you have reason to believe that another person without consent has obtained your account details, you should contact Us immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorised orders or payments that may be pending. Please be aware that orders or payments can only be cancelled up until the provision of Services or despatch of goods has commenced. In the event that an unauthorised provision commences prior to your notifying us of the unauthorised nature of the order or payment, We accept no liability or responsibility for any loss and you should make contact with the third-party payment service provider detailed in the Purchase Information, ie Your card company.
- When choosing your username and login details, you are required to adhere to the terms set out above. Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
- If you choose to submit a screenplay, we will ask for your payment information, such as credit card, billing address, and other financial information necessary to complete your transaction.
- By providing Payment Method information through the Website and authorizing payments with the Payment Method, You represent, warrant, and covenant that: (a) You are legally authorized to provide such information; (b) You are legally authorized to make payments using the Payment Method(s); (c) if You are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the Payment Method, that User is authorized by the company or person to use the Payment Method to make payments on Industrial Scripts; and (d) such actions do not violate the terms and conditions applicable to User’s use of such Payment Method(s) or applicable law. When a user authorizes a payment using a Payment Method via the Website, the user represents and warrants that there are sufficient funds or credit available to complete the payment using the designated Payment Method.
- Because the use of any Payment Method may be limited by applicable law or by written agreement with your financial institution, Industrial Scripts is not liable to any user if Industrial Scripts does not complete a transaction as a result of any such limit, or if a financial institution fails to honor any credit or debit to or from an account associated with such Payment Method. Industrial Scripts will make commercially reasonable efforts to work with any such affected users to resolve such transactions in a manner consistent with these Terms.
Terms relating to Talent Contests:
- Industrial Scripts produces talent contests in which participants are charged a fee or fees for submitting their Creative Materials which are then judged against one another. Industrial Scripts uses its own assessment processes, protocol and system to judge material and retains full autonomy for these processes.
- Our Talent Contests operate on a knock-out system with material advancing as follows: 1/4 Round; 1/2 Final Round; Category Winner / Finalist Round; Grand Final Round. Note that only full television or feature film screenplays (minimum 30 pages) are permitted to advance to the Grand Final Round. The furthest Short Scripts, Treatments, Series Bibles and Pitches can proceed is the Finalist / Category Winner round.
- We are not responsible for any technical or human error resulting in incomplete, lost, or misdirected contest submissions. Entries may be considered void, in our sole discretion, if unreadable, inaccurate, forged, or in any way noncompliant with the contest rules or these terms of service.
- Industrial Scripts make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the contest. Industrial Scripts may amend or terminate a contest at any time, and for any reason, without liability of any kind from you or any third party.
- Although we have not terminated any contests in our history, in the unfortunate event that we terminate a contest, all contest entrants will be refunded their submission fees.
- We do not represent and make no guarantees that winners, finalists, or contest participants will gain employment in any form as a result of winning a contest or otherwise participating in a contest. You acknowledge and agree that we may promote and advertise your participation, including any offers or communications you may receive as a result of your participation in any contest, on our website and elsewhere.
- You further agree and acknowledge that your participation in any contest found on or associated with Industrial Scripts is your full and unconditional acceptance of the contest rules, these terms of service, and the decisions of the judges and administrators, which are final and binding in all aspects.
- All material that you or submit (“Contest Submissions”) must comply with the provisions in this Terms of Service. Any Contest Submission you post to the site or Coverfly (our project handling system) will not in any way be considered an endorsement or promotion on behalf of Industrial Scripts.
- You represent that you own, or have the necessary permissions to use, and authorize the use of, your Contest Submissions. You may not imply that your Contest Submissions are in any way sponsored or endorsed by Industrial Scripts. You are solely responsible for your Contest Submissions, including the accuracy of any Contest Submissions, and are solely responsible for any legal action that may be instituted by other Users or third parties as a result of or in connection with your Contest Submissions if such Contest Submissions are legally actionable or defamatory.
- Industrial Scripts is not responsible for any feedback or comments posted or made available on the Website by any third parties, even if that information is defamatory or otherwise legally actionable. In order to protect the integrity of the contest system and protect users from abuse, Industrial Scripts reserves the right (but is under no obligation) to remove any Contest Submission that violates the Terms of Service or negatively affects our Services, diminishes the integrity of the contest system or otherwise is inconsistent with the business interests of Industrial Scripts.
- You acknowledge and agree that you will notify Industrial Scripts of any error or inaccurate statement in your Contest Submission, and that if you do not do so, Industrial Scripts and our partners may rely on the accuracy of such information.
- All writers of submitted material must be 16 years of age or older on the date of submission, and each writer or writing team may not have earned more than $50,000 or the foreign equivalent (jointly or individually) for work as a screenwriter and/or fictional television writer.
- All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders.
- Submissions are accepted via electronic submission only, between March 1st 2021 and August 20, 2021.
- Entry fees are as stated above.
- Optional feedback from a professional script consultant may be requested at the time of entry. Requests for feedback after an entry is submitted can be accepted but you will need to pay a fresh entry fee.
- The maximum page lengths of the type of material you can submit are listed above.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit, and you may submit one project in multiple categories for an extra fee.
- Entries must be received on or before the deadline dates by 11:59PM Pacific Time, and submission fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission. All entry fees are non-refundable. Any script submitted after the Final Entry Deadline will be disqualified, and any project submitted after any of the deadlines will be subject to a higher entry fee as detailed above.
- All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- Material must be submitted by the writer. Material written by writing teams must be submitted by one of the writers, with consent of the other(s).
- If a writing team is chosen as a winner, prizes will be given to the person who submits the project. Each team is responsible for dividing or sharing the prize money. Up to a maximum of two writers per winning project may participate in the non-commercial winners’ benefits (ie the winners’ hangout).
- Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entered material will be allowed for 72 hours with a $10 re-entry fee through Coverfly. Please proofread your script carefully before submitting. If you did not originally submit via Coverfly you will need to pay a fresh application fee and re-submit. In the event you advance to the Semi-Final Round of the contest you will be invited to submit the latest draft of your script for the final two rounds of judging, free of charge.
- It is recommended that original material be registered with the WGA or The Library of Congress before submitting to any competition, however registration is not a formal pre-requisite for entry.
- Adaptations of books, plays, or any other source material written by another author are not eligible under any circumstances. A script that you have adapted from your own book, play, or other source material is eligible if you have retained all film and television rights to the property.
- Judges, sponsors, administrators, and independent contractors who work with or for Industrial Scripts or The TITAN Awards are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their spouses or other immediate family members.
- Decisions of the Judges are final and may not be disputed. Our Judges are instructed and agree to evaluate scripts based on our standard Judging Procedure; however, the TITAN Awards contest and its administrators may not be held responsible for any errors or omissions on the part of the Judges.
- Writers who reside in countries other than the United States are welcome to enter the contest; however, all scripts must be submitted in English and entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
- All writers at least 16 years of age are eligible. However, a writer who has earned more than $50,000 (or equivalent currency) from professional writing services for film or TV in the preceding year is not. (Contest winnings not included.)
- All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English (occasional dialogue in other languages is acceptable, if subtitle translation is provided).
- All material submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible for this contest.
- There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
- Screenplay and intellectual property must be wholly owned and submitted by the writer(s).
- Material should be submitted in standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin.
- It is preferred but not essential that writers remove their name and contact details from the front page of screenplays to avoid any possibility of bias.
- Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned by the writer or the work is in the public domain.
- Feature screenplays longer than 150 pages will not be eligible.
- All material must be submitted electronically as a PDF or it will not be eligible.
- The winners will be chosen based on the following criteria: (i) originality; (ii) plot/story structure; (iii) characterization; (iv) visual inventiveness; and (v) overall impression.
- The winners and top finalists may be contacted by interested industry representatives, such as managers, agents or producers. Entrants may be required to submit further information to assist in the judges’ verification of eligibility.
- Any entrant may be deemed ineligible at the sole discretion of Industrial Scripts.
- Grand Finalists may be required to sign and return within seven (7) business days of receipt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and a Release and Indemnification and proof of valid passport and any other documents that Industrial Scripts or any other partner may require before receiving prize payment. Failure to respond to the initial notification within ten (10) days or return of notification will result in disqualification. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.
- Industrial Scripts or any other partner, employee or agent associated with this contest claims no ownership nor first right of option to any original screenplay submitted to this contest. All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders until and unless other agreements are made.
- All entries are non-refundable.
- You agree to release and hold harmless Industrial Scripts, industrialscripts.com, its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, Prize contributors, judges, screenplay readers, Sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and every one of their respective members, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) past and present from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s Entry, participation in the Contest and/or acceptance or use or misuse of Prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the script by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the IndustrialScripts.com and its Sponsor, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s use or misuse of Prize.
- Employees of Industrial Scripts and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest. Any such submission will be immediately disqualified.
- ENTRY TO THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED or restricted by any Federal, State or Local law. Voided entries will be refunded. Recipients’ eligibility will be verified before the grant is awarded and the winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility. By entering the contest, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing and/or transmitting your submission file(s).
Terms relating to Script Coverage, Screenwriting, Script doctoring and creative writing services:
- By submitting your Creative Materials to Industrial Scripts, you hereby agree that:
- You are submitting the Submitted Material voluntarily and not in confidence and no confidential relationship is intended or created between us by the submission of the Submitted Material.
- You warrant that you have originally created the Submitted Material, that no one else to your knowledge has any right to it and you believe the Submitted Material to be original, OR you hold the underlying rights, if the Submitted Material is based on another work. However, you recognise that other persons, including Industrial Scripts or Our employees or affiliate companies, may have submitted to IS or others, or made public, or may in the future create and submit, or make public, similar or identical material that We may have the right to use, and you understand that you will not be entitled to any compensation because of Our use of other similar or identical material.
- You understand and agree that Our use of material containing features or elements similar or identical to those contained in the Submitted Material will not entitle you to any compensation if We determine that it has an independent legal right to use that other material (for example, because the features or elements are not new or novel, were not originated by you (or the writer of the underlying work), or were or may hereafter be independently created and submitted by other persons, including Industrial Script’s employees). You hereby indemnify Us from liability for any and all loss of or damage to the Submitted Material.
- You agree to use the Script Report and analytical material delivered to you for private consultation and educational purposes only. The report itself is the property and copyright of Industrial Scripts, and the comments contained within the report is for use only by the individual Buyer. The script coverage service you purchased is an analysis service, not a marketing or promotional one. Industrial Scripts reports are not marketing or promotional tools. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying of the report, and any use or disclosure of any information contained in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. These comments, the numerical scores we award to projects and the “verdict” We deliver on the Creative Material, and Our company name, may not be used without prior written permission in any public or private arena to endorse, market, or promote Creative Material in any way. In addition, the Industrial Scripts name and comments supplied by Us in Reports may not be used in any funding applications, business plans or financial or creative proposals without Our express prior written consent.
- We aim to deliver all Reports by return email to the Buyer within 21 days of the Buyer submitting the corresponding Creative Materials, post-checkout. For clarity the booking is not officially formalised until the Creative Materials have been uploaded successfully by the Buyer, and Industrial Scripts cannot be held liable for any delays resulting from the Buyer’s failure to complete the upload steps using the automated system designed by Us to handle submissions (DevKing). In the event that the Buyer makes an error during checkout or fails to upload their creative materials correctly, We reserve the right to charge a Manual Administration Fee (MAF) to correct the issue. This policy is referred to in greater length here. We also reserve the right to select in Our absolute judgement, the Industrial Scripts Consultant/ reviewer to provide the Reports, and the Buyer acknowledges that due to complex workloads, requests for the services of a specific Consultant/ Reviewer cannot be guaranteed and is not usual practice so to supply. In the event the Buyer does select a specific consultant at script submission stage, it may not be possible to meet the day turnaround and the Buyer hereby acknowledges that delays may ensue as a result. For clarity and the avoidance of doubt the Buyer is contracting Industrial Scripts the company to ultimately deliver the service in question, and it is Our final decision which Consultant to assign the work to. No refunds are possible in the event of a request for a specific Consultant remaining unfulfilled and failure to provide the services of a specific Consultant does not constitute a breach of this agreement.
- Our delivery timescales are goals rather than guarantees. In a human, bespoke (every screenplay report We produce can be considered custom, rather than off-the-shelf) service business, with continuously shifting workloads and volatile, unpredictable submission volumes in play, We deem it reasonable to deliver all reports within 21 days of successful submission. For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, however, this is a goal rather than a guarantee. In the event We fail to deliver the Buyer’s report within 21 days we will consider but not guarantee appropriate compensation, typically in the form of discounted alternative script coverage. In the event the Buyer has purchased Our Fast-Turnaround option in addition to their script notes, and We fail to honour this deadline then a refund will be provided pro-rata, covering the number of days by which the deadline was missed, based on the extra Fast-Turnaround fee only. For clarity, the additional Fast-Turnaround fee is the only financial aspect of the booking which is affected by a failure to deliver within certain timescales. The “core” fee paid for the script notes (even if a Fast-Turnaround option was added) falls under usual IS terms and conditions of sale. For further information please visit this help desk article.
- We accept the submission of Creative Materials via our proprietary screenplay handling software, DevKing, in Adobe PDF form only. The only other format we accept is Final Draft format (.fdx). We accept – and insist – on this format for Script Proofing and Polishing bookings only. For these bookings we will only accept and deliver using Final Draft documents. The Buyer should receive notification by return email that their Creative Materials have been received. Any Creative Materials submitted either by hard copy or in person will be destroyed.
- We guarantee to provide the Buyer with a certain length of Report according to word count, dependent on which Our service Buyer has purchased. These word counts are clearly specified on the IS Website and represent the minimum volume of written feedback the Buyer is guaranteed to receive. In the event We provide additional pages, beyond the minimum guaranteed, these pages are to be regarded as an additional bonus but are not guaranteed, nor should be expected, on any future reports. In the event We deem a script to be of a certain standard (at our exclusive discretion), we may invite the Buyer to participate in our free bonus script marketing programme, Talent Connector. For clarity and the avoidance of doubt this programme is a free, not-for-profit add-on, separate and distinct from the transaction which occurs between Us and the Buyer involving script services. Its presence and availability is not guaranteed, and is available on a rolling basis at Our sole discretion. Through engaging Us to provide script services We guarantee the delivery of the service in question as described on our website but this does not include Talent Connector. Talent Connector is a complimentary, non-contracted add-on.
- Creative Materials submitted to Us must conform to Industrial Script’s word or page lengths as specified below. Creative Materials which exceed the page lengths specified below are subject to additional fees of $2.00 USD per additional page if they contravene the page limits below. Payment must be received in full for projects which exceed the specified page lengths, before work will commence on the Report:
- Logline: 30 word summary of a film or TV series.
- Short Script: screenplay for a short film under 20 pgs.
- Teleplay Drama: screenplay for a TV episode under 60 pgs.
- Teleplay Comedy: screenplay for a TV episode under 30 pgs.
- Treatment: extended film synopsis under 20 pgs.
- Feature Film Script: screenplay for a film under 120 pgs.
- The Buyer may cancel the Report service and receive a full refund (via PayPal) any time up to 2 hours after the time of their payment providing the booking was not made with a “Fast-Turnaround” request attached. After this time no refunds are permitted, as work has begun and the service will have been deemed to have been delivered within two hours of the Order, and therefore will be exempt from the “Cooling Off” period of the Consumer Contract Regulations or the Distance Selling Regulations. Further, in the event of specific service unavailability, We reserve the right to deliver an alternate service of equal or more financial value, in its stead OR deliver a full refund to the Buyer, at our sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt refunds will only be processed in truly exceptional circumstances and it is stated Industrial Scripts protocol to deliver an alternate service, in this scenario. As stated above, in the event of a Buyer complaint relating to the quality of the service delivered, it is IS policy to firstly investigate said claims, and then to work with Buyers to resolve their concerns in a satisfactory manner through complimentary replacement service(s). Only in the event of truly exceptional circumstances will refunds be considered, and these are offered at Our sole discretion.
- No termination of this Agreement and no acts of cancellation pertinent to the Submitted Material (such as Us returning it to you) will be deemed to affect our respective rights under this Agreement and all rights will survive any termination or acts.
- Contact of any kind between Buyer and our contractors is strictly prohibited unless the prior express written consent of Industrial Scripts has been obtained. All payments between Buyer and Our freelance contractors must be processed through Industrial Scripts both for work introduced by Us and for any follow on work between the Buyer and any of Our freelance contractors, either for the same Job or another Job. Payment (or attempt of) or commissioning of work of any kind outside of Industrial Scripts is a breach of these terms and conditions unless the prior express written consent of Industrial Scripts has been obtained. Such payment (or attempt of) will entail both Buyer and Industrial Scripts’ contractor(s) to be in breach of their respective agreements with us. The Buyer will be liable for any loss of business and legal expenses that We may incur in recovering lost fees. Buyers must report attempts or offers to make payment outside of Industrial Scripts by their designated contractor to Industrial Scripts immediately. For clarity, whilst a Buyer may come in to contact with one of Our contractors on a script editing or in-person booking, no communication outside the designated working hours is permitted, Buyer is not permitted to exchange contact details with our contractor, or request them, and our contractor (contractually) will be unable to deliver or receive these details. All and any follow on work (including, but not limited to: script doctoring and re-write work; script coverage and consultancy; screenwriting commissions and creative writing commissions; personal script editing be it remote or in person) between the Buyer and one of our contractors must be processed through Industrial Scripts.
Terms relating to Offline Courses & Live Training:
- By purchasing on one of Our live/offline training courses or events, you hereby agree that:
- The course notes, handouts and documents you receive are copyright of Our company and the property of Industrial Scripts and are for consultation and educational purposes only and for use only by the individual Buyer. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying of this course documents or handouts, and any use or disclosure of any information contained in them, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful under various copyright laws. We always seek to protect Our Intellectual Property to the fullest extent available to Us through the Courts.
- The Buyer agrees that he or she will take all reasonable measures to protect the integrity of and avoid disclosure of, or use of Our Confidential Information, outside the remit of the course, in order to prevent it from falling into the public domain or the possession of persons other than those persons authorised under this Agreement to have any such information. Such measures shall include the highest degree of care that the receiving party utilises to protect its own Confidential Information of a similar nature. The Buyer agrees to notify the Company in writing of any misuse or misappropriation of Confidential Information of the disclosing party, which may come to the receiving party’s attention.
- Buyer may cancel and receive a full refund (via PayPal) at any time up to full days after the time of their booking. After this time has elapsed, no refunds are possible. To cancel, buyer must contact Us via our knowledge base and support ticket system advising Us of their booking details, and which course date they would like to be transferred to (if applicable). In the event the Buyer has purchased an online training course, due to the digital nature of the access and delivery, no refunds are possible from the point of sale. This also applies where Buyer has applied a coupon or discount to any booking. Once access to the online course has been delivered no refunds of any kind are possible.
- In the event Buyer is unable to attend on the course date selected, they are permitted change-of-date opportunity where they may transfer their booking to another course date. Buyer is only entitled to change their booking once, and We reserve the right to transfer this re-arranged booking again in the event the new course date selected is sold out.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone live Training Courses at any point, as we see fit, by issuing Buyer with a full refund (via PayPal). We cannot be held responsible for travel, accommodation or sundry other costs incurred and related to the booking and recommend that all Buyers purchase refundable accommodation and travel.
- Where any non-refundable deposits are paid to secure a place on Our course/s and the Attendee is considered a ‘no show’, We reserve the right to retain this deposit and Your statutory rights will not be affected. If a deposit is paid and the place is cancelled less than (one) week from the date of the training event, this deposit may be forfeited.
- For Guests booking tickets to the Insider Interviews Live seats are allocated on a “first-come-first-seated” basis (as included in membership). Once seating is full, only standing room will be available. Disabled guests will be given preferential access.
Terms Relating to Overdrive:
- Through purchasing a subscription or applying to OVERDRIVE, our online membership community, you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, without prior written notice. Therefore, please check this page regularly for any changes.
- Member benefits (an up-to-date list of benefits can be viewed here), discounts and services are not fixed and may be subject to change. We reserve the right to make amendments and adjustments to the list of benefits providing replacement benefits offer as much, or more, comparative value. In the event of any disputes regarding value our verdict is final. All percentage discount services are locked, however, and will not be removed although they may be subject to minor change. More benefits will be added over time.
- For clarity and the avoidance of doubt OVERDRIVE’s legal status is that of a Digital Download Product. Due to the digital, non-returnable nature of many of the services and products, no refunds are possible after purchase/application/checkout. Such Digital Format Products are specifically excluded from any rights under the Consumer Contracts and Distance Selling Regulations, and through agreeing to these Terms and Conditions of sale you hereby agree to waive your rights under the -day cooling off period.
- Subscriptions cost £228 and are for a minimum of calendar months from the date of purchase, in all cases. We endeavor to assist members with subscription fees by permitting them to spread payments through monthly payments of £19. Members must have an active payment facility in place at all times. OVERDRIVE is not offered on a “try before you buy” or trial basis. Subscriptions auto-renew on a -month minimum term, annually. Industrial Scripts makes best endeavours to contact members via email and inform them of pending or imminent auto-renewals however the onus rests with members to proactively reach out in order to cancel their subscription in advance of the auto-renewal date ( months from the original point of sign up). Industrial Scripts cannot be held responsible for subscriptions which auto-renew in the event that members do not make a careful note of their renewal date, and take the necessary steps to cancel their subscription.
- Post-checkout OVERDRIVE offers a short application process and we reserve the right to decline or approve admission at our sole discretion. In the case of a declined application (as decided by us) all monies transferred will be refunded in full via PayPal/Stripe within days. The onus rests exclusively with the applicant to promptly deliver the necessary materials to support their application, and they will be requested by us at least twice post-checkout. We reserve the right to accept or decline members as we see fit, whether the prospective member has followed instructions and submitted further application materials, or not, and whether they have sent these materials, joined the member forum, used member benefits as yet, or not. In the event any applicant applies but fails to submit materials to support their application, such as a CV or covering letter, their application may be provisionally approved, with temporary restrictions on some services and member benefits. In the event of a provisional or full approval no subsequent refunds are possible, and the full annual membership fee is due.
- Further to the above, please do not apply/purchase either an annual OR pay monthly membership or proceed in any way with checkout unless you are % committed financially to an annual membership involving total payments owing of £19. After the point of sale, we enter a binding contract and no refunds are available. The full annual membership fee is due to us in the event you are accepted (at our sole discretion).
- OVERDRIVE operates a strict policy regarding derogatory, inflammatory or offensive comments or language in the member forum(s). We reserve the right to eject members who post insulting, controversial or inflammatory messages or content in our members’ area(s). In the event you are banned or removed from the members’ area, continued membership and use of the wider OVERDRIVE member benefits system are permitted but no refunds or compensation will be given.
- Whilst networking is heavily encouraged, the establishment of splinter or satellite groups is not. Those seeking to establish splinter groups using introductions initially facilitated by OVERDRIVE will have their membership revoked, with no refund. In addition, those soliciting for paid script coverage or development work of any kind (be it after an initial free peer-to-peer type interaction, or otherwise), training, or any other product or service which conflicts with the interests of Industrial Scripts will have their membership revoked, with no refund.
- Unique coupon codes can be used by members alone. For clarity: members’ friends, family, colleagues or other affiliated parties cannot write a script and submit it through a members’ discount. Members must be the copyright holder.
- Delivery of weekly or time-dependent products and services (such as free content, or live networking events) is seasonal. No content is delivered, services provided, or events take place on Bank Holidays and from th December to the nd week of January.
- Industrial Scripts is committed to helping writers and filmmakers and allows members to spread their £228 annual membership payment over instalments of £19. For members who join on said pay-monthly subscription, acceptance of these terms and conditions represents a binding month commitment (in the event of a successful application, as determined by us). Our payment processor will attempt to take payment on the same day every month, corresponding to the date you joined. Should payment fail to clear, we will be notified and payment will be attempted two further times. If these attempts are unsuccessful – or you should cancel or even fail to set up an active payment facility initially – we will contact you to arrange alternative payment. Should any one or more payments be delayed by more than days we may take further action which may include, but not be limited to, passing your details to credit collection agencies and initiating Small Claims proceedings.
- All content delivered to members is copyright Industrial Scripts and may not be shared, distributed or circulated in any way.
- For mentorship members, any meetings (virtual or otherwise) that are due to take place as part of your membership are subject to a day cancellation policy. If you cancel within days of the meeting, it will be considered used and no re-scheduling is possible.
- Affiliate earnings are paid on the last day of the month, in arrears, via PayPal. Users must have an active PayPal account in order to receive affiliate payments, and the script developers you refer to us must spend north of £150 with us in one booking in order to qualify. Earnings are paid on the customer’s first booking with us, only.
- Certain benefits are not time-dependent and may not be delivered immediately upon sign-up. Delivery time and date is down to Industrial Scripts discretion but wherever possible benefits will be delivered as soon as humanly possible.
- Member coupons cannot be combined with occasional other coupons we may make available to the wider public.
- As part of their subscription members are able to attend (digitally or online) certain live events and training courses. Places at these events are available on a first come, first served basis, and are capped according to venue size and other external factors. Whilst best endeavours will be made by Industrial Scripts to accommodate members at events this is goal rather than a guarantee, and upon the announcement of courses and events members are advised to move swiftly to avoid disappointment. Further, Industrial Scripts reserves the right to either postpone or permanently cancel events or events series’ based on member attendance and/or engagement levels.
- Industrial Scripts reserves the right to discontinue OVERDRIVE and deliver a full or partial refund (depending on the number of months remaining on a user’s subscription at the time of cancellation) without being liable for any lost earnings, time or any other damages.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice at the sole discretion of Industrial Scripts.
Terms Relating to Digital Products:
- “Digital Products” refers to online training / learning content hosted on industrialscripts.com and certain products hosted on industrialscripts.com
- All opinions expressed in the Online Courses are the course writer’s own and may or may not represent the opinions of Industrial Scripts. All advice is provided “as is” with no warranties or indemnities as to its appropriateness for your particular situation. Industrial Scripts takes no responsibility for the implementation of any advice in your own work or the outcomes of such implementation.
- When you purchase access to the Digital Products you are purchasing a non-transferable, non-exclusive right to access the information. You may not publish or share the Digital Products or your login details with anyone else. If you wish to purchase company-wide or multi-user access, please get in touch.
- Return, refund and cancellation policy: Our policy is not to offer refunds on Digital Products. Should you consider your situation to be a special circumstance then please get in contact with us and we shall consider your individual request. In the event that we do issue a refund, where possible your access to the Digital Products will be revoked, but this cannot be guaranteed. Where a Digital Product has already been released or access granted and can be considered non-returnable, no refunds are possible in any circumstance.
- Delivery policy: Digital Products bought through Industrial Scripts are delivered via industrialscripts.com. Online Courses are available in virtually all cases moments after payment.
- Access period: through purchasing a Digital Product from Industrial Scripts you are entitled to lifetime access. We will continue to deliver the course to you indefinitely.
- Industrial Scripts provides no guarantee of availability of the web server or hosting of the Digital Products. Industrial Scripts will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide availability. In the event of continued unavailability, Industrial Scripts will make commercially reasonable efforts to make the Digital Products available to download locally.
- Country of Merchant Domicile: The Country of Merchant Domicile is the United Kingdom.
- Industrial Scripts reserves all other rights.
Returns & Refunds:
- Industrial Scripts sells digital products, online courses, services, contest entries and live events. Refunds will only be issued in truly exceptional circumstances where the description of our products, courses and services substantially and demonstrably differs from the delivered reality.
- The legal statuses of our script development services and online courses are that of a digital product or service. Through agreeing to these terms and conditions and the timeframes for delivery stated on our product pages, you are hereby requesting that the service commence immediately. However, the timeframes given are a guideline, not a guarantee. After the service has commenced no refunds are possible.
- The legal status of OVERDRIVE, our membership product, is that of a digital service.
- Terms of Payment: Time for payment shall be of the essence of the Contract unless otherwise agreed by Industrial Scripts in writing.
- Industrial Scripts warranties that once installed into a computer in accordance with the installation procedure set up by the manufacturer, the Product(s) will function on the specified operating syst
- In cases where the Products’ developer/manufacturer has setup a direct warranty relationship with the End User, then that procedure will be applied.
Limitations of Liability:
- In no event will We, our sponsors, or contest judges be liable, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence, whether active, passive, or imputed), product liability, strict liability, or other theory, to you or any other person for any damages (including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, or consequential damages), arising out of or in connection with your participation, use of, the inability to use, or the results of use of the services, specifically including any damages arising from or related to your participation in any contest found on or associated with the website or its content, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will we be liable or responsible for any errors or omissions in the content of this website, including, without limitation, errors in pricing or availability of contests, or damages that may result from misrepresentation by a user of this website. In no event shall shore script’s liability for any reason and upon any cause of action in connection with this agreement or the services exceed the amount paid by you to the shore scripts for the services.
- Except as may be implied by law where the Buyer is dealing as a Consumer or as provided in ‘Warranties’ section above, the Product(s) is(are) provided as is, without warranty of any kind express or implied. The Buyer shall assume the entire risk as to the results and performance of the Product(s).
- Industrial Scripts makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the Product’s content and specifically disclaims any implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. Further, Industrial Scripts does not warrant, guarantee or make any representations regarding the correctness, accuracy, reliability, compatibility or uninterrupted operation of the Product(s) or otherwise.
- Industrial Scripts, its officers and employees, its distributors, dealers and retailers shall not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or loss (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, interruption of service, or the like), whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if Industrial Scripts or its representatives have been advised of the possibility of such damages.In any event, Industrial Script’s liability to the Buyer shall be limited to refund of the price paid by the Buyer for the Product(s). The foregoing states Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy against Industrial Scripts, the limited warranty, exclusive remedies and limited liability set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the Contract between Industrial Scripts and the Buyer. The Buyer agrees and acknowledges that Industrial Scripts would not be able to supply the Product on an economic basis without such limitations.
- Industrial Scripts is not responsible for the content of any third party websites that the Buyer may link to from the Website.
- No waiver by Industrial Scripts (whether express or implied) in enforcing any of its rights under this Contract shall prejudice its rights to do so in the future.
- You agree that any cause of action that you may have arising out of or related to the site or services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Industrial Scripts, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, contest judges and representatives of each of them harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of
- (i) your access to or use of the Website,
- (ii) any violation of these Terms of Service (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you, or
- (iii) the infringement by you, or any third party acting on your behalf, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. In states where the law does not recognize a cap on liability and/or indemnity obligations, you agree to hold harmless Industrial Scripts and be fully responsible for any loss, liability and/or legal fees that arise from the violation of the Terms of Service herein.
- Industrial Scripts shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, failure of communications, telecommunications or computer system, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials or products from a natural source of supply, and Industrial Scripts shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for the performance of its obligations.
Changes to Terms and Conditions:
- Industrial Scripts shall be entitled to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- We may revise and update these Terms of Service from time to time in our sole discretion by posting a revised version on the Website. All changes are effective immediately when we post them. Industrial Scripts may provide reasonable notice of any material changes, determined at our sole discretion, by posting the updated Terms of Service on the Website.
- You understand that your continued use of the Website or Services, means that you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not accept the Terms of Service in its entirety, you must not access or use the Website or any of our Services.
3rd Party Content, Advertisements and Promotions:
- The Website or Services may contain links to third-party websites, products, or services, which may be posted by advertisers, our affiliates, our partners, or other users (“Third-Party Content”). Third-Party Content is not under our control, and we are not responsible for any of their websites, products, or services. Your use of Third-Party Content is at your own risk and you should make any investigation you feel necessary before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third-Party Content.
- The Website may also contain sponsored Third-Party Content or advertisements. The type, degree, and targeting of advertisements are subject to change, and you acknowledge and agree that we may place advertisements in connection with the display of any content or information on the Services, including your Contest Submissions.
- After this Terms of Service terminates, the terms of this agreement that expressly or by their nature contemplate performance after termination or expiration will survive and continue in full force and effect. For example, the provisions protecting intellectual property, indemnification, payment of fees, and setting forth limitations of liability each, by their nature, contemplate performance or observance after this Terms of Service terminates.
- Without limiting any other provisions of the Terms of Service, the termination of these Terms for any reason will not release you from any obligations incurred prior to termination of the Terms or that thereafter may accrue in respect of any act or omission prior to such termination.
- You may not assign the Terms of Service, or any of its rights or obligations hereunder, without Industrial Scripts’ prior written consent in the form of a written instrument signed by a duly authorized representative of Industrial Scripts. Industrial Scripts may freely assign this Terms of Service without User’s consent.
- Any attempted assignment or transfer in violation of this subsection will be null and void. Subject to the foregoing restrictions, the Terms of Service are binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the successors, heirs, and permitted assigns of the parties.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction:
- These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and Us shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales.
- You hereby agree to submit any disputes, clarifications or claims to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Waiver & Severability:
- No waiver by Industrial Scripts of any term or condition set out in these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Industrial Scripts to assert a right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
ICO Protection Policy:
- Our Data Protection Policy and ICO Reference Number can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/ZA
Complaints Policy & Procedure:
- Complaints to Industrial Scripts are rare. However, We always take complaints regarding our services very seriously and will always work with Buyers to resolve these complaints satisfactorily.
- To make a complaint to the company, in the first instance please raise a support ticket here with details of your complaint and explaining how You feel We contravened Our Terms and Conditions in our dealing with you.
- Please note, in the case of script development services and Reports, this is an inherently subjective area and we pride ourselves on providing Reports which are honest, and constructive in their criticism. Nonetheless, it is in the nature of script development generally for individuals to disagree with one another, or feel that criticism or praise is particularly valid, or unjust. Likewise it is an indisputable reality that although writers and filmmakers feel they are prepared for criticism of their work, and able to deal with it in a thoroughly professional manner, history has proved that this is not always the case. Any Complaints about our Reports occur against this backdrop, which is not always a straightforward matter of opinion. For the avoidance of doubt, refunds will only be processed in truly exceptional circumstances and it is stated Industrial Scripts protocol to deliver a replacement service, free or partially free of charge, in the event that We concur with You that the report delivered was unacceptable. As stated above, in the event of a Buyer complaint relating to the quality of the service delivered, it is IS policy to firstly investigate said claims, and then to work with Buyers to resolve their concerns in a satisfactory manner through complimentary replacement service(s). Only in the event of truly exceptional circumstances will refunds be considered, and these are offered at Our sole discretion.
- As stated above we are keen to work with Buyers to resolve complaints, however we treat any deliberately mischievous, slanderous, libellous, defamatory or malicious claims or comments that may harm Our Company or Services very seriously, and would suggest Buyers seek legal advice before distributing any negative views, comments or observations in any public or private forum, platform or arena including but not limited to: websites, online discussion forums, journals, articles, social networking sites and any other media be it public or private.
Scope and Method of Support:
- As stated on our Contact page, we operate a predominantly self-service support system. We have created a large knowledge base of Frequently Asked Questions, which is updated regularly, and can be accessed here. Through accessing Our website or purchasing products or services of any kind from us you hereby acknowledge this self-service policy and recognise that you are not automatically entitled to bespoke support services.
- In the event that your query represents an anomaly not covered or answered by pre-existing documentation, you may raise a support ticket using the links on our knowledge base. We aim (but do not guarantee) to respond to all bespoke queries (containing genuine questions not already answered in the knowledge base) within 72 hours of receipt. This is an aim rather than a guarantee.
- Whilst we make endeavours to answer all support ticket queries, in the event that your question is already answered in the knowledge base you will not receive a response within 14 days, and depending on Our workload at the time, may potentially be closed unanswered. We encourage all users to thoroughly consult the knowledge base before opening a support ticket.
- Regarding the free, bolt-on Talent Connector programme (separate from our script coverage services) that we offer at our sole discretion sometimes to clients, no bespoke support of any kind is offered or will be delivered.
- We are unable to answer (customer) queries via any other channel (including all social media platforms, and email) other than this knowledge base and support ticket platform.
- Through using this site or purchasing a product or service of any kind from us you hereby accept this scope and method of support policy.
Our Contact Details:
- Should You wish to contact Us, You can raise a support ticket here.
- The correct address to use for any written postal items or legal notices is: Industrial Scripts Ltd, C/O The Accountancy Partnership, Suite 1, 5th Floor, City Reach, Greenwich View Place, London, E14 9NN, UK
- Please note We will not accept the service of any legal documents by email, and if not using the correct address shown herein, then such service shall be deemed not to have been received.
- These Terms of Service, constitute the sole and entire agreement between you and Industrial Scripts and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, to the extent they relate in any way to the Website and Services.