2018 Calendar & Previous Featured Guests
- Monday 26th February 2018 – Duncan Heath, Independent Talent Group
- Monday 26th March 2018 – Ben Roberts, Director, BFI Film Fund
- Monday 30th April 2018 – Oliver Parker, Writer-Director
- Tuesday 26th June 2018 – Talent Connector: LIVE (for OVERDRIVE members only)
- Monday 30th July 2018 – Andrew Orr, Film Sales & Financing Expert
- Monday 24th September 2018 – Beth Pattinson, former Amazon & BBC Films exec
- Monday 29th October 2018 – Simon Heath, CEO, World Productions
- Monday 26th November 2018 – Dominic Minghella, Writer-Producer
- Monday 17th December 2018 – Guest TBC
Check out our image gallery of previous attendees here.
The IILs are USUALLY held at the BFI Southbank. Precise event location is emailed to attendees moments after ticket purchase (please check junk mail). The networking drinks afterwards take place nearby, afterwards.
PLEASE NOTE: The 30th April event with Oliver Parker is an Overdrive members only event at an alternative venue.
When, Who and What Time?
All Insider Interviews start promptly at 7pm. Please arrive by 6.45pm to allow you time to grab a drink and a seat without disturbing the event. The compere for the evening will commence the questions to give you a full picture of the guest’s background and then it will be open to the floor for attendees to quiz the speaker. Networking drinks follow the Q & A.
Get up to date venue information over on the Events section of our Facebook Page, here.
The history of The Insider Interviews LIVE
The Insider Interviews began back in 2010, originally as a series of online interviews, and then evolved to become a monthly Q & A series hosted in central London. Here are just some of the stellar professionals we’ve featured…
– Hossein Amini, DRIVE
– Tom Hiddleston, THE AVENGERS, THOR
– Gareth Unwin, THE KING’S SPEECH
– Stuart Hazeldine, THE SHACK, EXAM
– David Scinto, SEXY BEAST
– Ben Wheatley, KILL LIST, SIGHTSEERS
– Nick Marston, Curtis Brown Group
If you missed them, you can listen to these interviews, and more, here.
Now, we’re bringing the series to a venue near you, every month. There’s a Q & A with our esteemed guest where they share their career story, experiences and advice, and then we open the floor to audience questions, so you can ask what matters most to you. Finally, there’s networking drinks and a chance to mingle with our guest and other attendees.
– Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Under 16s need to be accompanied by a paying adult.
– What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
All information regarding the location of the BFI Southbank can be found, here. Please note tickets to the events are comprised of seated and standing places. Seats are available on a first come, first served basis.
– What can/can’t I bring to the event?
You are not permitted to bring alcohol with you. Definitely worth bringing your notebook / tablet to jot down valuable advice and tips from our speakers. We would also advise bringing business cards with you – this is a great networking opportunity. You cannot bring food into the venue, but can purchase it from the bar/restaurant afterwards during networking drinks.
– Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
– What is the refund policy?
Once booked, no refunds are possible, although in exceptional circumstances you may be permitted to move your booking to another IIL date.
– Who can – and cannot – attend?
Writers, producers, directors, agents, executives and all other miscellaneous film and TV professionals are able to attend. For reasons that are probably obvious(!) we reserve the right to politely decline entry and deliver a swift refund to script consultants, script editors and other parties where a conflict of interest is potentially in play. Going wider, we ultimately reserve the right to refuse entry and deliver a prompt refund to any individual at our own discretion.
Previous Insider Interviews LIVE Guests
- Tuesday 23rd June 2015 – Scott Free executive Aaron Anderson
- Wednesday 29th July 2015 – Producer Andy Brunskill
- Monday 28th September 2015 – Head of Film & TV, Shoebox Films Ed Clarke
- Wednesday 21st October 2015 – Lit Agent at The Agency, Tanya Tillett
- Tuesday 17th November 2015 – Lit Agent at Independent, Humphrey Elles-Hill
- Tuesday 26th January 2016 – Bradley Quirk, Head of Development, Altitude
- Tuesday 23rd February 2016 – Caroline Harvey, Producer, Ex Mirage
- Wed 23rd March 2016 – Celine Haddad, Talent Development, Creative England
- Monday 18th April 2016 – Alexandra Rossi, Producer, Ex Paramount Pictures
- Monday 23rd May 2016 – Nisha Parti, Producer, Parti Productions
- Monday 20th June 2016 – Paul Webster, Shoebox Films
- Wednesday 20th July 2016 – Michael Kuhn, producer, Qwerty Films
- Wednesday 28th September 2016 – Jeremy Baxter, Riverstone Pictures
- Wednesday 19th October 2016 – Colin Vaines, producer
- Wed 23rd November 2016 – Sarah Radclyffe, producer
- Mon 12th December 2016 – Rebecca O’Brien, prod at Sixteen Films
- Mon 16th Jan 2017 – Emily Leo, prod, UNDER THE SHADOW
- Mon 27th Feb 2017 – Camille Gatin, prod, THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS
- Mon 13th Mar 2017 – Tim Bevan, prod, Working Title Films
- Monday 24th April 2017 – Stuart Hazeldine, writer-director, EXAM, THE SHACK
- Monday 22nd May 2017 – Ollie Madden, prod, Kudos Film & TV
- Monday 24th July 2017 – Matt Orton, screenwriter
- Monday 21st August – Robert Jones, producer, The Fyzz
- Monday 18th September 2017 – Rhodri Thomas, prod, The Ink Factory
- Monday 23rd October 2017 – Faye Ward, prod, Fable Pictures
- Monday 20th November 2017 – Andy Paterson, Archer Street Films
- Monday 11th December 2017 – Caryn Mandabach, prod, Mandabach TV