Talent Connector Terms of Participation
BY ENTERING TALENT CONNECTOR YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS.
Through participating in Talent Connector you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions. Please do not take up a place on Talent Connector or proceed in entering details in the form unless you agree to these.
Through participating you hereby agree:
- That Industrial Scripts (“IS”) has delivered a thorough and comprehensive explanation of how Talent Connector works on its knowledge base. You can read a huge back of information about the programme, here.
- That you understand that select details as written/entered by you in the Talent Connector submission form will be marketed to a list of agents, executives, producers, managers and other industry professionals as decided and compiled by IS. The screenplays themselves will not be uploaded to any form or marketed by IS. Only the details you enter in the form will be marketed.
- That you understand that Talent Connector is only open to unrepresented writers and projects. If you are represented by a literary agent you are ineligible.
- That IS or any other partner, employee or agent associated with this programme claims no ownership nor first right of option to any original screenplay details submitted. All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this opportunity remains with the original rights holders until and unless other agreements are made.
- It is recommended by IS that original material be registered with the WGA or The Library of Congress before submitting, however we do not require registration.
- That except where prohibited by law, participation in the programme constitutes each entrant’s consent to Industrial Scripts and its agents’ and programme sponsor’s use of entrants’ names, likenesses, photographs, and/or personal information for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- Further, you hereby agree to proactively notify IS (via its support hub) in the event of a positive outcome on the back of Talent Connector participation and agree to participate in all promotional or marketing activities at IS’ request. For clarity and the avoidance of doubt a “positive outcome” may include but not be limited to: signing with an agent or manager; the option or purchase of a screenplay be it the one submitted via Talent Connector, or another which may have resulted from the original introduction via Talent Connector; or being hired for an unrelated writing assignment which, again, would not have occurred without Talent Connector and its introduction. If in doubt whether an outcome constitutes a positive one, please inform us of it via our support hub.
- That all ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this marketing opportunity remains with the original rights holders.
- That you hereby agree to release and hold harmless Industrial Scripts Ltd, IndustrialScripts.com, its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, contributors, judges, screenplay readers, Sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising or promoting Talent Connector, and every one of their respective members, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) past and present from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s Entry, participation in Talent Connector; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the script by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and indemnify, defend and hold harmless IndustrialScripts.com and its Sponsor, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) relating to an entrant’s participation in Talent Connector.
- Employees of Industrial Scripts and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in Talent Connector. Any such submission will be immediately disqualified.
- By entering the contest, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing and/or transmitting your submission information.